Thailand offers a few different types of visas for foreigners looking to stay in the country long-term, including an “elite” visa program which is aimed at high-net-worth individuals who wish to stay in Thailand for extended periods of time. Here is an overview of the process for obtaining an elite visa in Thailand:
- Determine which type of elite visa you would like to apply for. There are several different options available, ranging from 5-year visas to lifetime visas. Each option has its own set of benefits and costs, so it’s important to research each one carefully before making a decision.
- Submit your application to the Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited (TPC), which is the organization responsible for managing the elite visa program. You can apply online or at one of the TPC offices in Bangkok or Phuket.
- Pay the required fee for your chosen visa. The cost of an elite visa can range from around 500,000 baht (approximately $15,000 USD) for a 5-year visa to several million baht (upwards of $60,000 USD) for a lifetime visa.
- Wait for your application to be processed. The TPC will review your application and may request additional documentation or information from you.
- Once your application is approved, you will be issued an elite visa and a privilege card. The card provides various benefits, such as access to VIP airport services, golf courses, and healthcare facilities, among other perks.
It’s worth noting that the elite visa program is aimed at a very specific demographic and may not be suitable or accessible for everyone. Additionally, obtaining an elite visa does not provide a pathway to permanent residency or citizenship in Thailand.